Pongal is a festival that allows you to celebrate the changing seasons, and marks the harvest of crops. To get ready for the festivities, Minister White has some amazing ethnic outfits for men that will make you look your best during this joyous time of year. Continue reading to discover the best ethnic outfit ideas for men at Minister White!
Pongal is a harvest festival that is celebrated in Tamil Nadu, India. It is a four-day festival and is typically celebrated from January 14 to January 17. Bhogi Pongal is the first day of the festival, when people clean their homes and get rid of old belongings.Surya Pongal, or the second day, is when people worship the sun god.The third day is known as Mattu Pongal, and it is when people worship cattle.Kaanum Pongal, the fourth and final day of the festival, is when people visit friends and family.
Color and Fabric Options for Pongal
Pongal is traditionally celebrated with new clothes, which are usually white or brightly colored. Cotton and silk are popular fabrics because they are cool and comfortable in hot weather.Men generally wear dhoti - a long strip of cloth wrapped around the waist and legs - with a white shirt or Angavastram, an ornate silk scarf worn over the shoulders.
Here at Minister White, we have a wide range of color and fabric options for your Pongal celebrations. We have something for everyone, whether you want something traditional like veshti or something more modern.
For men, we have dhoti sets in white, cream, yellow, orange, green, blue, and purple; made from cotton, silk, or a blend of both fabrics. Angavastram is also available in a variety of colours to match your outfit.
Tips on Accessorizing Your Look
When it comes to ethnic wear, accessories can make or break your look. Here are some tips on accessorizing your ethnic outfit for the Pongal festival:
- Stick to a few key pieces that will enhance your ensemble. Over-accessorizing can make your outfit appear cluttered and detract from its overall appearance.
- Select accessories that complement the colours of your outfit. This will aid in the creation of a unified appearance.
- If you're wearing a sherwani or kurta, consider adding a stole or dupatta to add color and visual interest.
- Traditional elegance can be added to your outfit with a pair of mojris or juttis.
- Finally, don't overlook the small details, such as a well-chosen watch or cufflinks. These finishing touches can really make your ethnic outfit stand out.
Minister White has a great selection of ethnic clothing for men to choose from when it comes to dressing up for the Pongal festival. There are plenty of stylish and festive outfit ideas available that will make you look like royalty at any occasion. Whether you're looking for a grand white shirt or an elegant dhoti&Veshti, Minister White has something that is sure to fit every man's style. So, go ahead and pick out your favourite ethnic outfit today and celebrate the season in style!